ANCU1017 – Dog Training Business Pathway
Do you want to start a Dog Training Business?
Learn to teach dogs good behaviour habits that will last a lifetime. Understanding man’s best friend is vital for responsible owners and anyone working with dogs. This interactive online course will teach you about dog psychology, senses and behaviour, and you’ll learn basic dog obedience training techniques.
Fantastic for dog owners, dog breeders, dog groomers, dog trainers, dog therapists, dog walkers, pet sitters, dog boarding or kennel assistants, pet shop assistants and pet rescue attendants. Also useful if you want to start your own doggy daycare business.
- Describe the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care
- Gain an understanding of the common diseases of dogs
- Explore the behavioural development of puppies
- Learn the basic concepts behind dog training, and how they can apply to different situations.
★★★★★ “I enjoyed the course and have found it very beneficial. I decided to enrol with The Career Academy because I wanted to study in my own time and they were offering the course I was looking for and being affordable to undertake. Excellent.” Robyn Lewis
Rachel has over 20 years experience in the animal industry. She has owned her own grooming business and worked in a number of veterinary clinics. She has trained and been a mentor for many people who wished to learn to groom their own dogs and become professional dog groomers. Rachel is all about positive handling techniques and loves to see people succeed and follow their passion for working with animals.
Training videos provided by
Get 12-month FREE access to Sarah Whitehead Train your Dog video tutorials. This comprises a series of online videos and material by expert Dog Trainer Sarah Whitehead.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Get 12-month FREE access to Sarah WhiteHead Train your Dog online program
Investment: £999 or only £25 a week on our interest FREE payment plan!
Assessments: 27 modules / 27 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Pre-requisites: None. Enrol today and start when you are ready.
Duration: ~300 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Dog Care modules
- ANCG149 – Introduction to Dog Care
- ANCG114 – Canine Biology
- ANCG125 – Dog Health Part 1
- ANCG126 – Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
- ANCG131 – Dog Breeds
- ANCG124 – Breeding
- ANCG123 – Dog Behaviour and Training
- ANCG137 – Grooming
- ANCG154 – Other Dog Services
Dog Psychology & Training modules
- ANCG153 – Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- ANCG115 – Canine Senses and Communication
- ANCG172 – Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- ANCG112 – Canine Behavioural Development
- ANCG113 – Canine Behavioural Disorders
- ANCG106 – Basic Dog Training Principles
- ANCG127 – Dog Obedience Training
- ANCG122 – Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- ANCG171 – Training Working Dogs
Start your own Dog Training Business
- ANKU201 – Starting Up
- ABKG186 – Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 – Marketing and Social Media
- ABKU122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKU185 – Planning for Profit
- ABKU214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKU113 – Understanding VAT
- ABKU189 – Financial Statement Analysis
Practical one to one Tuition
1. Dog Washing
2. Brushing and Combing
3. Clipping and Trimming
4. Advice on Starting a Business / Getting Your First Step on the Dog Grooming Rung
Receive a one-on-one session with a business coach!
Sarah is a fully accredited life coach, psychologist and trainer who has many years of experience across sectors. Sarah is an international writer and has been published in high profile magazines such as CEO magazine, World Economic Forum, and other business magazines. She is an organisational trainer and has coached and counselled individuals and groups in both the public and third sector. She is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from one of our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors, Declan Scott. Declan has a significant amount of business and coaching experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful ventures. His dedication and expert advice has resulted in amazing student feedback.
Caroline is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Jaymen Group Ltd. She is passionate about helping aspiring entrepreneurs, running several of her own businesses while coaching start-ups, including a niche recruitment platform, a brand and PR agency, and an education consultancy. She is regularly sought after for her expertise as a consultant and has featured in CEO magazine and Inside Small Business.