Diploma in Aged Care & Community Support
Make a difference in the aged care communityTake a community support worker course to work towards a meaningful role in caregiving in a home or community setting. Learn solution-focused community aged care counselling techniques, understand ways seniors can adapt to change, and explore how to communicate around grief and loss effectively. Our aged care courses cover enablement approaches useful in a registered home care facility environment and examine ways you might help seniors retain their quality of life and successfully complete rehabilitation. Enrol in a Diploma in Aged Care & Community Support to provide community support services for the aged.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Be awarded with a Xero Certified certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understand common problems in aged care
- Use your new skills to help a wide range of people in a variety of contexts
- Learn skills towards a role as an aged care worker
- Understand how effective aged care can contribute to maintaining a healthy body
- Find out about workplace health and safety practices for senior care
- Develop an understanding of the legal and ethical frameworks carers work within
- Learn how to approach mobility & memory issues properly
- Understanding an Ageing Population
- Lifestyle Changes
- Physical Changes
- Support Services
- Enablement Techniques
- Grief and Loss Counselling
- Debilitating and Terminal Illness
- Losing a Loved One
- Ethics and Interventions
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
- The Counselling Session
- Focusing on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy I: Freud, Erikson & Jung
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy II: Adler
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches I: Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches II
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
PAYMENT PLAN FROM £25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE £200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a £200 discount, with a 14 day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
" As soon as I upgraded my CV, I was invited for a job interview and got the job! "
" Following the completion of this course I have been successful in being offered an Administration role which involves some training courses "
" You wanted me to let you know how I got on with any interviews. I got an office admin role!!! So glad to did the course. "
The Career Academy has given me the opportunity not only to educate myself with accounting software programs but to also receive certification from the software company themselves. It looks amazing on my resume and has opened up so many more job opportunities
This course costs £799 or only £25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 200 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Caregiver in the community or within an Aged Care Facility.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 112 0911 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Yes! You’ve got a 14-day cooling-off period (trial) at the start of your course. Take that time to review your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
A Diploma in Aged Care & Community Support is a fantastic way to work towards a career in this rewarding industry.