Certificate in Medical Terminology
Understand medical terminology and get a certificate in only 10 weeks!
- Understand medical terminology and abbreviations
- Gain a professional certificate recognised by employers
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
- Get a FREE 12-month membership to IAHA on completion.
Investment: £399 + VAT or only £25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: Assignments, quizzes
Duration: Approximately 100 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Covering the following modules
- Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
- Anatomical Terms and Structures
- Medical Equipment and Procedures
- Pharmacological Terminology
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
- Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
- Digestive and Excretory Systems
- The Skin
- Nervous and Sensory Systems
- Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
The healthcare industry is Irelands largest employer. The Department of Health estimates that there will be a 4.3% increase in jobs over the next 5 years resulting in an increase in supply for Medical Reception related jobs. The salary range for health graduates is between €18 556 – €22,728. Health graduates tend to work in industries such as Health Care and Social Assistance. Sources: Neuvoo Ireland, Department of Health
This Course is accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Decide payment options
2. Click on Enrol
3. Receive account details via email and start learning!