ANCN1018 – Dog Grooming to Business Pathway
Do you want to start your own dog grooming business?
If you love canines, and want to work for yourself, what could be better than owning your own dog grooming business? This pathway is made up of four sections. To begin with, you will learn about the care requirements of dogs, and all about their health. Then, in the second, you will be introduced to concepts and facts which are crucial to any groomer. In the third section, you will move on to the “start your own business” course, in which you will learn essential business start-up skills. Finally, you will have access to FOUR 1 hour, one-on-one skype/video sessions with an expert groomer. From here, you will be an attractive candidate as a grooming apprentice, and can commence practical experience with confidence.
- Understand the basic care of dogs, including nutrition, exercise, hygiene, and preventative health care.
- Learn about key concepts which are required by dog groomers including basic anatomy, hygiene, tools & equipment and handling.
- Discover the basic skills needed when starting your own business
- Receive 4 x 1 hour skype sessions with an experienced groomer
Rachael has been working in the animal industry for the past fifteen years. She began by studying a Professional Dog Grooming Certificate with a prestigious Dog Grooming School. After grooming for a year, she found her passion in teaching. She taught people how to groom their own dogs, people who wished to become professional dog groomers and groomers who wished to upgrade their skills. Rachael began teaching at University in the Animal Studies Department. She possesses a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Bachelor of Business Communications Degree, Certificate III and IV in Companion Animal Services and Gentle Dog Trainers Association Certificate in Professional Dog Training.
She has a beautiful English Staffordshire bull terrier and is a foster carer for ex racing greyhounds. Her passion is animal welfare and is she is involved in many animal welfare organisations and campaigns. She is also a musician and enjoys seeing and playing music.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
★★★★★ “Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there to help whenever I need it!” – Harriet Gregory
★★★★★ “Tutors are very helpful and make contact really quickly.” – Helen Alty
Investment: £999 or only £25 per week on an interest FREE payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessments: 27 modules / 27 assignments, and 4 x 1 hour live tutor sessions.
Duration: 18 months/250 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access time: We allow up to 18 months access to this course.
Delivery and support: Online with unlimited tutor support via email or phone.
Covering four modules
Certificate in Caring for Dogs
- ANCG149 – Introduction to Dog Care
- ANCG114 – Canine Biology
- ANCG125 – Dog Health Part 1
- ANCG126 – Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
- ANCG131 – Dog Breeds
- ANCG124 – Breeding
- ANCG123 – Dog Behaviour and Training
- ANCG137 – Grooming
- ANCG154 – Other Dog Services
Certificate in Dog Grooming
- ANCG163 – Scope and Nature of Grooming
- ANCG103 – Animal Biology
- ANCG116 – Caring for the Skin and Coat
- ANCG155 – Specialised Grooming Tasks
- ANCG141 – Handling Animals
- ANCG136 – Grooming Dogs
- ANCG138 – Grooming Other Types of Animals
- ANCG139 – Safety in Grooming Workplace
- ANCG165 – Preparing for Showing
- ANCG168 – Starting a dog grooming business
Start your own business
- ANKI201 – Starting Up
- ABKG186 – Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 – Marketing and Social Media
- ABKI122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKIG185 – Planning for Profit
- ABKI214 – Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKI113 – Understanding VAT
- ABKI189 – Financial Statement Analysis
One to one video sessions
1. Dog Washing
2. Brushing and Combing
3. Clipping and Trimming
4. Advice on Starting a Business / Getting Your First Step on the Dog Grooming Rung
Receive a one-on-one session with a business coach!
Sarah is a fully accredited life coach, psychologist and trainer who has many years of experience across sectors. Sarah is an international writer and has been published in high profile magazines such as CEO magazine, World Economic Forum, and other business magazines. She is an organisational trainer and has coached and counselled individuals and groups in both the public and third sector. She is committed to helping entrepreneurs succeed in their business.
This Pathway Program includes one to one mentoring from one of our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors, Declan Scott. Declan has a significant amount of business and coaching experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful ventures. His dedication and expert advice has resulted in amazing student feedback.
Caroline is a successful entrepreneur and founder of the Jaymen Group Ltd. She is passionate about helping aspiring entrepreneurs, running several of her own businesses while coaching start-ups, including a niche recruitment platform, a brand and PR agency, and an education consultancy. She is regularly sought after for her expertise as a consultant and has featured in CEO magazine and Inside Small Business.