ANCU1007 – Certificate in Dog & Pet Grooming
Groom your pets at home or become a professional Dog groomer!
Save money by learning to groom your own pet or get a foot in the door of the fast-growing pet grooming industry. Our 100 hour online course covers animal handling, health and safety, caring for the skin and coat, preparing for showing and more.
- Gain a Certificate of Achievement
- Understand a wide range of pet needs and become a professional Dog Groomer
- Learn to groom pets and know how to provide effective care for your pet
- Determine the typical daily needs of an animal, both physical and psychological
- Become a professional and qualified dog groomer
- Gain the skills to groom your own dog, work at home or as a mobile groomer or in a salon with other qualified groomers
Rachael Hawkins – Dog Grooming Tutor
Rachael has been working in the animal industry for the past fifteen years. She began by studying a Professional Dog Grooming Certificate with a prestigious Dog Grooming School. After grooming for a year, she found her passion in teaching. She taught people how to groom their own dogs, people who wished to become professional dog groomers and groomers who wished to upgrade their skills. Rachael began teaching at University in the Animal Studies Department. She possesses a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Bachelor of Business Communications Degree, Certificate III and IV in Companion Animal Services and Gentle Dog Trainers Association Certificate in Professional Dog Training.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: £399 or only £25 per week on an interest free payment plan. Click here to enrol now
Assessments: 10 modules / 10 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Pre-requisites: None. Enrol today and start when you are ready.
Duration: 100 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
This course covers 10 modules
- ANCG163 – Scope and Nature of Grooming Animals
- ANCG103 – Animal Biology
- ANCG116 – Care of the Coat and Skin
- ANCG136 – Dog Grooming Techniques
- ANCG138 – Grooming Other Types of Animals
- ANCG155 – Other Grooming Tasks
- ANCG141 – Handling Animals During Grooming
- ANCG165 – Show Grooming
- ANCG139 – Grooming Safety
- ANCG168 – The Business of Grooming
★★★★★ “The support and encouragement from every single tutor was amazing, the site is easy to use and understand, assignments were always marked quickly. There is nothing i would change, it has been the best experience and because of that I have gained confidence inmy day to day work in office administration, thank you so much to ‘everyone’ at Career Academy” – Toni Bell